Details for High Sensitivity C-Reactive Protein (CRP) Enzyme Immunoassay Test Kit
|Sample Type||Serum. For the quantitative determination of C-Reactive Protein Concentration in serum. Blood, Pathologic Processes, Vascular Diseases, Infection, Heart Diseases.|
|Product Name||C-Reactive Protein Concentration.|
|# of Samples||1X96 Assays.|
|Intended Use||The hsCRP ELISA is intended for the quantitative determination of C-reactive protein (CRP) in human serum. Enhanced sensitivity measurements of CRP can be useful for the detection and evaluation of infection, tissue injury, inflammatory disorders and associated diseases.|
|Principles of the assay||The hsCRP ELISA is based on the principle of a solid phase enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay.24 The assay system utilizes a unique monoclonal antibody directed against a distinct antigenic determinant on the on the CRP molecule. This mouse monoclonal anti-CRP antibody is used for solid phase immobilization (on the microtiter wells). A goat anti-CRP antibody is in the antibody-enzyme (horseradish peroxidase) conjugate solution. The test sample is allowed to react simultaneously with the two antibodies, resulting in the CRP molecules being sandwiched between the solid phase and enzyme-linked antibodies. After a 45-minute incubation at room temperature, the wells are washed with water to remove unbound labeled antibodies. A tetramethylbenzidine (TMB) reagent is added and incubated for 20 minutes, resulting in the development of blue color. The color development is stopped with the addition of 1N HCl changing the color to yellow. The concentration of CRP is directly proportional the color intensity of the test sample. Absorbance is measured spectrophotometrically at 450 nm.|
|Storage and Stability||1. Store the unopened kit at 2°C-8°C upon receipt and when it is not in use, until the expiration shown on the kit label. Refer to the package label for the expiration date.
2. Keep microtiter plate in a sealed bag with desiccant to minimize exposure to damp air.
|Limitation of the Test||1. Reliable and reproducible results will be obtained when the assay procedure is carried out with a complete understanding of the package insert instructions and with adherence to good laboratory practice.
2. The results obtained from the use of this kit should be used only as an adjunct to other diagnostic procedures and information available to the physician.
3. Serum samples demonstrating gross lipemia, gross hemolysis, or turbidity should not be used with this test.
4. The wash procedure is critical. Insufficient washing will result in poor precision and falsely elevated absorbance readings.
5. Patient samples may contain human anti-mouse antibodies (HAMA) that are capable of giving falsely elevated or depressed results with assays that utilize mouse monoclonal antibodies. This assay has been designed to minimize interference from HAMA-containing specimens. Nevertheless, complete elimination of this interference from all patient specimens cannot be guaranteed. A test result that is inconsistent with the clinical picture and patient history should be interpreted with caution.
|Function||Displays several functions associated with host defense: it promotes agglutination, bacterial capsular swelling, phagocytosis and complement fixation through its calcium-dependent binding to phosphorylcholine. Can interact with DNA and histones and may scavenge nuclear material released from damaged circulating cells.|
|Cofactor||Binds 2 calcium ions per subunit.|
|Subunit||Homopentamer. Pentaxin (or pentraxin) have a discoid arrangement of 5 non-covalently bound subunits.|
|Tissue Specificity||Found in plasma.|
|Induction||The concentration of CRP in plasma increases greatly during acute phase response to tissue injury, infection or other inflammatory stimuli. It is induced by IL-1 and IL-6.|
|Miscellaneous||This protein owes its name to its ability precipitate pneumococcal C-polysaccharide in the presence of calcium.|
Additional Info for High Sensitivity C-Reactive Protein (CRP) Enzyme Immunoassay Test Kit
|Name||High Sensitivity C-Reactive Protein (CRP) Enzyme Immunoassay Test Kit|
|Related Product Names||C-Reactive Protein Concentration ELISA Kit; PTX1C-Reactive Protein Concentration, CRP ELISA|
|Intended Use||Research Use Only|
|NCBI Acc Number||NP_000558.2|
|Swiss Prot Number||P02741|
|Applications||The hsCRP ELISA is intended for the quantitative determination of C-reactive protein (CRP) in human serum.|